Friday, July 27, 2007

Just a Nibble

Well friends, did you think that I was carried off by mad llamas?? Don't be silly! I simply have been involved in an art/decorating project of humungous proportions... Yes, my life has recently been consumed with many hours of painting, painting and more painting. Besides that I have been climbing cactusy paths in search of ancient Incan tunnels, giving tests to grumpy kindergartners and bearing the general craziness of children getting ready for a big program right before vacations.

All of these make for excellent blog entries that I have had no time to write (oh, and of course I have exciting pictures to go along with these entries). The happy news is that the program is over and vacation has officially started. Yay God for DESCANSO (REST)!!! I'm so excited about having two weeks off from PROMESA (especially after the past week!!!) The unfortunate news for you dear reader is that I perhaps will have no time for the next 9 days to write about these recent exciting experiences. Instead I will be off on the coast of Peru (Ica) with two of the other teachers creating more blog entries and even more photos to be shared. Don't worry, I won't forget to share them with you all.

It's back to packing for me but before I go, here is something of note: six months ago tonight I was on a plane on my way here! Isn't it amazing to think that I've been here for 6 months?! Praise God for a great experience so far! I know that He's got great things ahead as well.

1 comment:

Bekah said...

Yay for rest and have a wonderful time on vacation! I love you and have been praying for you!