Friday, September 15, 2006

Exposure on Closure

Today was my last day at Printworks where I worked as a graphic designer for two years. I suppose now might be the time that I spew a tirade on all the things I hated about my job or how happy I am that I'm gone or something like that. I'm sure there are some things I could write endless blog entries about like the stress of being a customer service rep and a graphic designer all at the same time. Or maybe I could complain about the pay or my co-workers.

I'm not going to do that.

It's so beautiful how it all ended that I cannot complain! God blessed me with a boss who got so excited about me going into missions. It was God's healing in my life that He would give me such a boss after a horrible experience with a previous one. It's great how God used me to bring a change in the atmosphere at Printworks. Okay so I'm not tooting my own horn... I was told this and I know that it was the Spirit of God shining through me! It's amazing how God brought friendships out of these two years where I did not expect them.


I'm so blessed that even through the yucky season of being replaced at work and becoming an unneccesary part to the whole, God was giving me good gifts. He was preparing me to leave! Also, an amazing thing happened: I became friends with my replacement and I was blessed by our interaction. What a serendiptous thing to happen!! I've enjoyed these last months at work more so than any other time. Maybe because I didn't have as much stressful work but also because of my new co-workers!

Strange... but I'm convinced that God delights in blessing us in strange ways.

So, I'm saying goodbye to Printworks but this closure is good. Now I'm turning my back on my old life and look forward to moving to Peru. I feel the blessing of the people I work with go with me. There's something about going into missions that makes even non-Christians congratulate and wish you well.

Praise God for the ease of the closure on this part of my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey hey. . .carrie-cake!! i miss and looove you! check your email cuz i sent out a huge wonkin one to everybody!!

LOVE YOU,
your pipe-cleaner friend