Thursday, November 09, 2006

Not Alone...

I was wrong in my last post. I am not alone here in front of this wall. I am surrounded by friends and family who are helping me to chip...chip...chip away. How could I forget them? They are the reason that there is any chipping going on at all. Whether through one time gifts, words of encouragement or commitment of support, they are helping to remove this wall.

This is the best part about support raising: the ones who come to help. The people that God raises up to and bless the work He is going to do in and through me in Peru. This is why in a way, I was glad that God called me to serve as a missionary who raised support. Because I knew that it meant that God was going to use others in my life to bring about his calling for me. Isn't that awesome? I heard a teaching long ago that talked about how we cannot truly discover and walk into our calling in God's kingdom apart from our connection with the rest of His body, the church.

It reminds me of something I wrote in a letter when I was going out on another adventure 4 years ago to a different South American country. It was a story of a little girl with a large banner that had her life's calling written on it. Well, she couldn't unroll it herself and the whole could not be unfurled without the help of other people. It's still true and I am glad that this whole thing can't happen with just me.

How could I have forgotten so easily? Thank you friends!

I am not alone.

1 comment:

Zee said...

I love you and G-d has something AMAZING in store...It's just around the bend...Keep going!